Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I will be purchasing a dvd player soon to go with a new sony 55xs955 lcd. I can wait a bit on the dvd player if it is worthwhile to get a model not yet released that is expected to be worth the wait. I have a denon 3805 receiver so that makes the denon dvd player with the denon link look like a good deal but then when I see the price on the 3910 that just isn't going to happen. From brief reading so far it seems macroblocking and green push is a problem with their players. With a new dvd format not far off I don't want to sink a grand into a player I won't use very long so something around $300 is much more comfortable and a better bang for the buck for me. I am also into computer and understand there is a momitsu model that network capable so I am curious as to how this would work with the sony xs. I realize I could read here for hours to learn most of what I need but some preliminary suggestions would be much appreciated so that I can focus my research among a few models. Oh...I am looking for an upconverting player as I understand it should give better results with the increased resolution.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.