AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ands  /t/1472583/suggestion-for-47-or-50-inch-lcd-with-no-soap-opera-effect#post_23311260

Can anyone please suggest LCD with doesn't have any soap opera effect. I have been considering 47LA6200 since it's new i couldn't lot of review on it.

Thanks.

Do you have price range? Also, most TVs usually have a way to turn off the setting that causes a "soap opera" effect. Of course these sometimes also makes the quality worse.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Soap Opera Effect????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Around ~1000. I heard is most TV's even if you switch it off there is some effect coming through. Any idea if it can be turned off completely in LG LM6700 or 47LA6200

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ands  /t/1472583/suggestion-for-47-or-50-inch-lcd-with-no-soap-opera-effect#post_23311429

Around ~1000. I heard is most TV's even if you switch it off there is some effect coming through. Any idea if it can be turned off completely in LG LM6700 or 47LA6200

I will read the manuals but for now, I can't say for sure if you can for either of those TVs. Do you need it be a smart TV and/or 3D? How many HDMI ports do you need? I only ask because you can always get a TV that only does 60hz but they tend to be more basic models (not necessarily worse just without the bells and whistles like 3D).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I looked at the manuals for those two models. The LM6700 has a trumotion section where you can manually put in a dejudder setting (presumably you will be able to turn it off there) while the LA6200 makes no mention of that setting so I can't say if you can for that model though it doesn't look like it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You might want to look at Samsung's UN46EH5300. It is a 60hz model but has a CMR 0f 120 (Samsung says that that number tells you how well it can depict fast moving images). It has wifi built in and is a smart TV. Now, looking at the manual, there is talk of LED Motion Plus but I don't know if that is something you can turn off. You might want to see if you can find it in a store if interested so that you can check it out in person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts