AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new meeting room is going to have a 72" and/or 96" display. I've been told that projection is not an option, and I assume that LCD displays aren't made in this size (please correct me if I'm wrong), so it appears that plasma is my only option.

Requirements:

1. Wall mountable

2. Bright (business over pleasure)

3. 1080p

4. VGA/Component/HDMI(DVI) inputs

5. Available in 4-6 months

I need to know what's good out there and what price range we're looking at for both sizes. At this point I'm not even sure where to start looking on my own as these sizes are larger than most places will carry for a flat panel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been told to find flat panels, not rear or frontal projection. Though honestly, that might change when they see the costs of the panels.

The Sony KDL-70XBR3 70" BRAVIA XBR® LCD Flat Panel HDTV looks good, but it looks like 70" is their biggest. Does anyone else sell any bigger ones?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Within the next 6 months there should be available:

Samsung 70"

Samsung 82" for professional display applications

Sharp 108" - this one might be actually available

even now for custom order.

You may wish to consider Panasonic 103" plasma.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suspect that they will just try to get some smaller displays, in the 60-65" size instead. Those flat panels are just to sexy for them.

I made a little spreadsheet of all of the panels I could find larger than 60" on different manufacturers websites. You can view it here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.