AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently set up an Epson 8100 in my basement (loving it). All of my A/F equipment is in a closet.

Looks like there are two wireless solutions....

harmony 8900 - I understand how it could control the stuff in the closet, but how would this control the projector, since its not in the closet ? do you need to buy another repeater ? or something ? or aim one at it from a distance ? (not sure how the IR repeater things work).

Any other suggestions.... looks like most of the IR repeaters are wired.... I had a bugger of a time running the wires I've already run, just not much of an appetite for that.....

Thanks for any help, these forums are awesome.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
RF Universal remotes such as the Harmony 890 can also emit IR just like a normal remote. You would just need to point it at the projector if you didn't want to run an IR emitter to it.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
In the setup software you choose how to control each device. Either IR (from the remote), IR from the RF extender's blaster, or IR from an emitter. With the emitter you can choose All or port A, B, C, or D.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you have not selected a remote yet I do have a Brand New URC MX-450 with the RF base station in the AVS classifieds.

This remote will allow you to control multiple RF base stations so you can put them anywhere you need.

The ad is located here: AVS Classified Ad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts