AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to swap out some surrounds that are pretty old, but would like to replace them with something that is quite thin (

I've been doing some web searches, but haven't found anything that really suits what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30,817 Posts
Nope but, considering the way you are going to use them, anything you find to fit will be equally (un)satisfactory. Have you considered small speakers on stands to the sides of the couch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have considered that, but the age of the kiddos is cause for concern. We actually have stands for the surrounds I am using now, but the speakers are quite heavy and our 2.5 year old touches everything.

Worried about them falling off the stand and landing on a toe or something. That's why the stands are in the garage and the surrounds are laying on the ground. I'm really just trying to move them behind the couch without it sticking out 6 inches from the wall.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Your best bet might be a pair of stage (wedge) monitors from a pro shop like Sweetwater Sound. They sit on the ground and fire upwards, and include a metal screen to protect them from overzealous stage antics, dropped mics, and the like. Still, as Kal says, you'll have to work to get any sort of decent sound from speakers stuck behind a couch; the wedges are too large for that. The kids can be trained...

How about small speakers mounted high up on the wall, near the ceiling? Much better performance, and will be out of the (ever-higher) range of destruction for years to come. Well, except for thrown items...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.