AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Looking for suggestions for wall mountable surrounds to go with Song Towers. I know what the obvious choice would be, but it seems like a lot of money to spend on surrounds and way too deep to mount on the wall, so I'm looking for possible alternatives. I've heard a several people using NHT and being satisfied. Their wall mounted "absolute wall" certainly seems like an attractive alternative and are not too expensive, comparably at least. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've been using NHT SuperZeros as rear channel speakers for over 12 years. When I added SongTowers and a SongCenter, I kept the NHTs. Their sound balance is neutral and that works well with the Song fronts.

The version 2 NHT SuperZeros available today maintain the overall neutral sound. At roughly 20% the cost of a pair of Song Surrounds (mounting hardware is extra), I think they are still an inexpensive option that can work well. These small sealed speakers can easily be hung on walls or ceiling, but have no bass response below 90 Hz.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just FYI, I talked to Jim Salk today about wall mountable surrounds, and he is willing to build a version of the SongSurround I that is wall mountable. This option is definitely more expensive than the NHT SuperZeros, but I put it out there for anyone who happens to be searching on this topic (as I was). See attached pic for an example ... these are actually HT-1s but the shape would be similar and they have a downward firing port. The finish on this example is a gorgeous cinnamon burl with fire-burst edges.

image.php.jpeg 31k .jpeg file

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.