AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm currently using a Marantz SR6003 in my HT setup. Thought of replacing it with the onkyo 608 / Yamaha 667. or any other suggestion where i can gain in terms of SQ?

do you think i will be getting any benefit in terms of SQ/PQ if i am to change from the marantz?

Usage is 95% movies and 5% music.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/19645135

Budget?

Need/want 3D support?

Need pre-outs?

Other priorities/interests?

Sorry for not making clear

Budget about $500-$600

No pre-outs required

No need 3d

Mostly for movies viewing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think you'd notice any difference in sound quality. If you aren't watching blu-ray movies, you might see some gains in picture quality. The major gains would be in terms of more and advanced (1.4) HDMI connectivity if you needed that for 3-D.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will like to try going to 7.1. Due to constriants of the HT area layout, will not be able to install surround backs speakers. Therefore, is either height or wide front.

Read in some way in the web that much more gain in surround sound when install wide than height. Can anyone with setup like to comment?

Still deciding between the denon 3311 vs the SR7005 for the Audeyse DSX, Pioneer LX 53 for its virtual back and height surround does this add much to the front soundstage as compare to usual 5.1 setup?

What about Yamaha A1000/A2000? It is stated in the manual that it can create height surround by means of their virtual cinema DSP 3D. Any owners of yamaha can verify how well it works without the pressence speakers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.