AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this on DBS thread since I will be connecting to a DTV box but did not get any replies, so I figured I would try here, Looking for a small flat panel TV to go in my kitchen, will hook up to my Mits HD5 box via the AUX out coax connection, not looking for HD just plain old DTV input signal. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just purchased a Sharp 15" LCD from Costco.com to be used in a bathroom. There is a $100 rebate through the end of the month on this unit from the Sharp website. The rebate is not listed on the Costco website, but I called Sharp and they told me the rebate would apply to purchases from Costco.com. When you deduct the rebate from the Costco price, this will be very hard to beat. And if I don't like it, I will just return it to Costco. I returned a VCR/DVD combo a few months back I purchased from Costco.com and they even refunded the shipping, I was amazed.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I use a samsung MP150 for my kitchen tv / vga monitor for kitchen computer....works fine. The NTSC picture on the 1024x768 native TFT is a little grainy, but is acceptable for my usage. Has svid/composite/coax input, as well as the std vga in.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rich, so what you are saying is that if I wanted I could hook up my laptop when I used it or I could hook up the regular DTV signal, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the reply by the way.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the Sampo LME17S1 in my kitchen that I'm quite happy with. I don't think the TV picture is quite up to the Sharp standards, but it's close. It is an excellent 1280X1024 monitor as well. It was significantly less than the Sharp when I purchased it - about $600 at Costco. Here are some shots of it in my kitchen, mounted to the wall with an omnimount.
Photo of Front
Photo of back

It has a lot of inputs:

RGB

Coax Cable for built-in tuner

S-Video

Composite

Y Pb Pr (through the RGB inputs).

Not pictured is the transformer - I put it in the basement and ran the DC signal through the wall to keep the clutter to a minimum. It's connected to my HTPC and serves as a second display to my projector.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
tsbrady,

Yep, you're correct...if you want, you can hook up the samsung (or the sampo that 90c4 mentioned) to a laptop, and/or a coax/composite/svideo connection....on the samsung it's a quick button press away from VGA to one of the inputs (or remote press).

The samsung looks similar to the Samp that 90c4 showed...different bezel, but same idea. don't know what the price on the MP150 is right now....bought mine 18mos ago....

Cheers!

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.