AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the plasma market and I'm trying to find the best fit for my price range. I would prefer something black with as little excess plastic as possible.

I'm comparing the Pioneer PDP 425CMX (about $900) to the Panasonic TH-42PH9UK (around $1200). Is there a significant advantage to one or the other? I'm just looking for something entry level thats also sleek. I don't believe that either of these models comes with a HDMI but it's available as a blade. I really don't need speakers since I'll be hooking it up to a theater system.

If anyone knows of any other 42" that are comparable in price and style, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by why2not /forum/post/0

IMO, you'll get better PQ with the panny of those two models. Either one is a good choice.

even if the 425 has the KeY Digital card? Do you have first hand experience with these 2? I have read that the 425CMX or any of the CMX line with the KD card is equal to the Pioneer Elite series!! Hailed as quite possibly the best PQ you can get

·
Registered
732 Posts
A couple of neighbors have these sets. I prefer (very slightly) the pq on the panny of these two. I do not know what card the pioneer has in it. Both are excellent. I adjusted the picture on both to my personal preferences when looking at them. The lighting was slightly different in both houses, so my opinion may have been influenced by that.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by why2not /forum/post/0

A couple of neighbors have these sets. I prefer (very slightly) the pq on the panny of these two. I do not know what card the pioneer has in it. Both are excellent. I adjusted the picture on both to my personal preferences when looking at them. The lighting was slightly different in both houses, so my opinion may have been influenced by that.

Can you find out what card he has and give us your opinion then. Not much firsthand experience with the 425 its seems. I am seriously considering this set but the older glass has me wondering again. But the KD card may make up for it in PQ both SD and HD

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhark /forum/post/0

Can you find out what card he has and give us your opinion then. Not much firsthand experience with the 425 its seems. I am seriously considering this set but the older glass has me wondering again. But the KD card may make up for it in PQ both SD and HD

I'll do my best... he got divorced & both he & the wife moved out around christmas. I'll see if one of the other neighbors has his new phone number. I wouldn't hold my breath, it got pretty sloppy at the end & he fled the area

I didn't spend a lot of time with his panel. I have heard excellent things on the 507cmx and key digital card.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.