Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Would it be possible to create a few 700U threads to discuss specific issues? I only ask because I have been trying to follow the thread, but it has grown so far, I am very lost. Maybe I am the only one, but I have a hard time reading the forum every day. There were a few questions that I saw someone ask, that also interested me, but then never saw a reply to it within the next couple of pages.

I was thinking something in the lines of this (and someone can add to or delete anything I am recommending).

1. Panasonic AE700U Throw Thread

2. Panasonic AE700U Cabling Thread

3. Panasonic AE700U VB Thread

4. Panasonic AE700U Tweeking and Calibration Thread

These are just a few I thought of. If the Moderator could start a couple more "side" threads, it would help me out and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This would really help out a Projector Newbie like myself :)

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
430 Posts
Exelent suggestion!!!!!

I have trouble following this tread also. Madpoet please please listen to this guy. It would make us happy. I know you don't want this, but if we promise not to start any more threads exept these 4, can you then think about it?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes i get very tired of reading the "will this projector work in my particular situation" posts. There should at least be a thread with ONLY REVIEWS in it, and not "great post thanks" replys. someone should dig up all the reviews in there and post them.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
yes. I am sick and tired of having to keep up with those outrageously

long threads

People keep aking those qustions like

"will this PJ work for my room"

"should I celing mount it or not"

"will HD look better"

"should I use component or dvi"

All these kinds of questions should be posted in a separate

thread.

and posts like

"my wife called and told me my PJ has arrived"

"I pulled the trigger on this PJ"

These are just useless posts and should be avoided.

Please avoid all speculations on street price, contrast, brightness

and any other useless speculations.

The main thread should contain only technical discussions about

the PJ (both good and bad). Dont get too personal if some one has a bad comment about a PJ (if he/she owns it and has seen it). No 2 PJ's are manufactured the same. So it is highly likely that someone got a bad unit.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Except that it still won't solve anything. Personally I wish people would learn to use the search button ;). The 700 is the flavor of the month, and as such is getting the attention.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry everyone. I tried. I was very into a few of the Reviews and they just sort of "got lost" in all the other posts.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Maybe after the newness has wore off the 700, we can start other specific threads.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
It is like this for ALL hot new PJ's. Doesn't anyone remember the X1? :)

Like MP said... the search option when used properly is an asset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.