AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering a channel eliminator for a digital cable system I'm building for my job, and the company I decided we should order from doesn't seem to have any reviews, and my boss wants to make sure they are a reputable company. Has anybody ever done business or used any equipment with/from Microwave Filter Company, inc. Out of Syracuse, New York? From talking with their sales department, and looking on their site, they seem to have a very solid product, I just can't seem to find much information on them as far as reviews and testimonials go.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
A QAM channel is really only a regular RF channel with bits all over it. That being said all you need do is determine what frequency(s) the QAMs you want to eliminate are on and order the appropriate notch filters. Plenty of vendors out there. Eagle, Comtronics, Markertek, Channel Plus and Microwave are all brands I've seen in my 30 or so years of CATV work. I've seen the Microwave brand used to remove a carrier to aid in detecting second and third order distortion products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts