AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 46-52 inch LCD tv with a budget of $2000 give or take. I have deceided on either Sony or Samsung, but not sure which. Out of the Sony's, I think either xbr or Z series and for samsung, anything would probably do. I want 1080p 120hz all that stuff. Not sure about gloss or matte screens though. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It's a tough call, but the good news is that you'll be doing great either way.

I did a lot of viewing for my upcoming HDTV purchase, and for 'best LCD set', it really came down to Sony XBR6 vs Samsung 6/7/8 Series for me. The pic quality between the XBR and the Samsungs was too close to call, honestly. So it then came down to price, and the Samsungs were better there.

Now I'm just trying to figure which Samsung to get.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it true that most LCD's are now coming as gloss screens? Seems like it is getting harder to find matte screens.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Samsung has the lnxxa630 that has the semi matte screen. Lg still uses the matte. I have the toshiba 52xv545u that is semi matte. There are others. I would suggest you compare the 545u with your other choices. It offers very good value, excellent pq, and the screen is not as reflective as the samsung 650-950's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts