AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want to start any kind of flame war.

Just looking for suggestions to consider.

7 channels.

>=50 W/channel.

Absolute, hard-core limit $1000.

Thank you for any suggestions.

DG

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Try an Outlaw 7100. 7 channel, 100WPC amp. 'tis the only one I know of under $1k (and only under $1k by a dollar). Of course, after shipping it is more than $1k, but honestly, $1k for a 7 channel amp is asking for too much with too little.

Sorny

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
David,

Also, don't forget to check through the used items for sale @ VideogoN. You might find a nice "gem" for half the price of new. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for comments.

Actually, I was wondering if there was any alternative to Outlaw 7100, for the same dollars. I didn't want to cast my original question in those specific terms for fear of being perceived as either trolling or proselytizing.

I'm thinking I'll probably want something new, rather than used (warranty, etc.)

I'm unfamiliar with the world of separates, and looking for the least expensive way to "dip my toe in the water". I was thinking that Outlaw 7100 might be it, but wondered if there was some other amp that I should know about.

Thanks again.

DG

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Look for used Marantz Monoblocks (MA6100, MA700)... you might be able to get 7ch together for under $1k (more likely 5ch).

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
but when I was shopping below the krells, Proceeds and Thetas I was selling some used, and of the one's I tried while in inventory I liked the ATI 's allot for their pricepoint, in fact more then all in that point, but then they were all 5 channels, not 7. Now they have 7, but they may be too new to find a used 7.

The 5 sells for 1650 retail, 1300 on a good deal, and I dont know what the newere 7's are, but I bet you can find a used one if there is one for about a grand. They have 3db headroom, and are very neutral, and punchy. They excelled on music more then most HT amps with good power, and they also have an older 6 channel which was also very nice.

Best of luck with your search, and I really hope you consider used because in your price point, i think you will get allot more for your money in quality, and most amps are fine used becuase they are tanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually, the Outlaw 7100 is $899. So, that'll bring it comfortably below $1000 incl. shipping. They also sell B-stock if you want cheaper. I don't think anyone would be able to identify a B-stock from a brand new piece.

Also, it is built by ATI. So, it is a tank. The sound quality is second to none in twice its price range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.