AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a HT newbie, I would really appreciate suggestions from the experienced. I am moving into a new house. I plan on setting up a plasma to hang above our fireplace. I would like to spend no more than $6000 when it's all said and done - including mounting, tax, delivery etc. I'm thinking that a 42" display is going to be the right sizeand I want it to be HD, not ED. I'm planning on heading to a place like Myer Emco or Tweeter as opposed to the Best Buys and Circuit Citys. Any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Your budget will get you a 50" Panny or Pioneer HDTV if you buy from an online dealer. Check out the sticky posts, there are 2 specials going on. With a cheap flat wall mount going for 150-300, you will be just a few hundreds over budget.

Otherwise, check out 42" HDTV from Panny/Pioneer/Fujitsu/NEC/Hitachi, they should all be well within your budget whether you buy online or in stores, may be except Fujitsu.

·
Registered
19 Posts
$6000 can get you a lot, basically. You may want to look at the Pioneer 503 model. It seems to be at a good price these days. It's a 50 inch plasma and with expansion cards if can handle hi-def, pc use, gaming, etc. Or, if you want a smaller choice, the NEC plasmas are nice, even though they don't get a ton of talk on this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.