AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I am going to be adding stereo speakers to my bedroom and I am looking for some suggestions on speakers to check out.

Here is my criteria:

*Small size

*Will be mounted on the walls - probably in the corners

*Looks are important

*Price = less than $300 or so per pair

So far I have looked at the Axiom M2's with the high gloss cherry finish (beautiful looks) and also the Paradigm Atom and Mini Monitors.

Any other suggestions?

The one concern I have is mounting them on the wall and how that will impact their sound.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
875 Posts
Check out beautiful curved cabinets of Polk Audio RTiA1 (and older RTi4) in cherry , too. They have built-in bracket with bass port designed to overcome wall mounting.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Newrock24,

Another speaker worth considering is the Defintive Technology Pro Monitor 800, $125 each, small size, great sound (I use them for my surrounds, mounted on the wall--STS) and a clean, high-gloss look. Lots of advice/reccomendations on Def Tech's in general in these forums.

Staying completely out of the corner is probably advisable if the room/set-up allows.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Haven't heard them myself, but Boston Acoustics just came out with a new line of speakers. The smaller, cube speakers are shaped specifically to fit in a corner, mounted on the wall. And they come in some cool colors.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newrock24 /forum/post/13001339

Hi -

I am going to be adding stereo speakers to my bedroom and I am looking for some suggestions on speakers to check out.

Here is my criteria:

*Small size

*Will be mounted on the walls - probably in the corners

*Looks are important

*Price = less than $300 or so per pair

So far I have looked at the Axiom M2's with the high gloss cherry finish (beautiful looks) and also the Paradigm Atom and Mini Monitors.

Any other suggestions?

The one concern I have is mounting them on the wall and how that will impact their sound.

Thanks,

Greg

If mounting on wall, you are looking at the wrong speakers. Check Monitor Audio R180 or R90, Paradigm Cinema 110, and Kef 2005; all should be within your budget and are very nice speakers. Remember that you will need a sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts