AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

i have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post here as i would really appreciate some suggestions on an AV-R i am looking to buy, here's the short story:

i own a cambridge audio azur 540r (v1) which would quite happily drive my 90W celestions until a couple of weeks ago. I recently bought some KEF C7's however and my receiver is now struggling to drive them. This, plus the fact that my receiver does not have hdmi or a lot of other nice-ties that are nowadays available, has led me to look for a new receiver as well

i don't wanna stretch my budget thus the ones i am currently looking at are:

the Onkyo TX-NR 616 (best value for money as far as specs are concerned but i read a lot about reliability issues)

the Denon 1713

the Yamaha RX-V671

basically what i want is some suggestions 1. on which brand you think is better for this budget (terms of quality, sound, features etc) and 2. about other receivers you would suggest on a similar (don't mind if it's a little higher) price range that would be happy to drive my KEF's

thanks in advance!

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billkeftes  /t/1467653/suggestions-for-choosing-between-receivers#post_23186868

Hello everyone,

i have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post here as i would really appreciate some suggestions on an AV-R i am looking to buy, here's the short story:

i own a cambridge audio azur 540r (v1) which would quite happily drive my 90W celestions until a couple of weeks ago. I recently bought some KEF C7's however and my receiver is now struggling to drive them.

How do you know the AVR is struggling?
Quote:
This, plus the fact that my receiver does not have hdmi or a lot of other nice-ties that are nowadays available, has led me to look for a new receiver as well

What is the rest of your system like? What other speakers besides the new C7s?
Quote:
i don't wanna stretch my budget thus the ones i am currently looking at are:

the Onkyo TX-NR 616 (best value for money as far as specs are concerned but i read a lot about reliability issues)

the Denon 1713

the Yamaha RX-V671

basically what i want is some suggestions 1. on which brand you think is better for this budget (terms of quality, sound, features etc) and 2. about other receivers you would suggest on a similar (don't mind if it's a little higher) price range that would be happy to drive my KEF's

The most likely source of strong audible differences among modern AVRs is how their built-in system optimization facilities (Audyssey, MCACC, YPAO) actually work out for you.

Allegedly Audyssey Multieq XT32 is the gold standard, and you will pay for it!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
the 1713 has in my opinion the best room correction software of the 3 models listed (only one step down from XT32). assuming it has the features the OP desires thats the one I recommend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok updating choices!

having found these two receivers at almost the same price,

i now added to my choices (they are probably the only choices now for me!)

the denon AVR-X1000 and the ONKYO TX-NR 717!

basically i cannot find much information(i mean reviews and stuff, not the specs) on the denon, is it cause its new or something?

any opinions between these two?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you looked at the Yamaha RX-V 673? It's on sale now at amazon (I'm not quoting a price because it seems to change daily) I've got that one and it is great. Does everything I need it to do and more. For the price on sale it's a real deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah you are right, it seems like a very good receiver and the price is pretty good, unfortunately i am in europe and amazon.com won't ship it over here (even if it did i am not sure if i would like the husstle with the 110V - 230V business) the UK version of amazon sells it at more than twice that prize...shame

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Denon X1000 isn't out yet and I have been told that it is an EU model only by a retailer here. That isn't concrete info, just what I was told. I was wanting to look at the X2000 but can't find any info on it here in the States.

·
Premium Member
93,175 Posts
@billkeftes -

Last year's 2012 Onkyo models (717 and lower) all feature the lowest version of Audyssey 2EQ (which cannot EQ the sub) while the Denon models start with MultEQ (which in addition to having 2x the speaker EQ control points as 2EQ can also EQ the sub). The 2013 Onkyo models will be starting with MultEQ. Europe tends to get the new Denon AVR models a few months after being released in the USA. Currently, only the 2013 "E" series models have been released in the USA (so you should be seeing them soon) with the E300 and E400 both featuring MultEQ with the "X" series to be released likely May/June (meaning late summer in Europe).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.