AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys,

I am installing my HT and I plan on putting all of my AV equipment behind my TV on the mantle, which is quite large, and I would appreciate some suggestion on how to cool it down it you would. I have attached pictures of what I am working with.

My equipment consists of a Denon Receiver, Apple TV, Comcast cable box and a playstation, of course a TV too.

Please let me know some suggestions for a setup like this, thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, I have no idea why that is upside down on the two photos, they are correct on my hard drive?

*Edit* Got it fixed...

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
If you're just setting the equipment in that large space behind the TV, I don't think you'll need to worry about cooling anything. There's a lot of room for air circulation. If it's getting too warm, a simple low-speed fan anywhere in that area to just move air will probably do the trick...

If you're enclosing the area, though, different story entirely.

Jeff

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor  /t/1417810/suggestions-for-cooling-large-inlet-over-fireplace#post_22173531

If you're just setting the equipment in that large space behind the TV, I don't think you'll need to worry about cooling anything. There's a lot of room for air circulation. If it's getting too warm, a simple low-speed fan anywhere in that area to just move air will probably do the trick...

If you're enclosing the area, though, different story entirely.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff. There is about 4" on each since for the TV allowing circulation in there. So do you Think I will be fine?

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Yeah, you'll have plenty of space above the components, too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts