AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i respect you guys opinions around here. here is the deal. I regular play xbox live with 4-6 of my friends. Here are the games we currently play in order of group favorites.

1) SCCT

2) Racing game - eith toca or PGR2

3) Halo

4) Rivals

5) Burnout 3

I am looking for more fun games suitable for 4-6 friends. Here are my requirements

1) I would love to get a Ghost recon/rainbox 6 type of game, but we only usually only play w/ 4-5 players. We don't like playing against other online gamers. I am thinking that the Clancy maps are all made for 12-16 players. I don't want to walk around forever and not see my opponent

2) Need to be able to communicate in game. I have found an annoying trend for shooters that you can not communicate in game. In Halo, you have to hit the white button and you never know if anyone hears you.

Racing games are no problem w/ in game communication. Most shooters allow teammate talking, but I want to be able to talk to everyone.

3) Although I am big into sports games, some of our group doesn't really care for them. I also notice that playing w/ friends online in a sports game is not that great b/c your teammate is never in position or ready for a pass. Your team would be better w/ just AI teammates. Sports are generally best 1v1.

4) Need to have friends name displayed on the screen. I need to know who I am shooting or hitting. I played RTCW and the first UT and both of these shooters don't display the name of the player over their head.

some games that I am curious about for online multiplayer

1) brothers in arms

2) Unreal tourney 2

3) Rainbow six black arrow

4) Ghost recon 2 or GR2:SS

5) Counterstrike

6) Conker

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'd say Ghost Recon 2 and/or Rainbow 6 is for you. I have a small group also that plays Clancy's every Wednesday night. We play cooperative against the AI baddies and always have a good time. We're horribly outnumbered but rely on teamwork (which we all find alot more fun than runnin' and gunnin' fragfests).

Also, It fits all of your criteria.

We are all playing GR2:SS now.... (My live ID is Force Ten)

Dan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input....but I think I would find killing my buddies (adversarial) more fun the co-op.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.