AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Long time lurker, first time posting. Great info site. I have hung a 50" plasma in a corner with a monoprice bracket. I have installed 5.1 surround sound system, but I want to hang or attach a center channel micro speaker to the bottom of TV. Are there any brackets or techniques for hanging a center speaker to the bottom of the TV? The TV is away from the wall, so wall hanging is not an option.

My wife suggested velcro. AFter giving her a funny look, I actually thought it might work if no other ideas are available. The speaker weighs 1.9 lbs. Thanks,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went for it. The velcro is supposed to hold 2 lbs for every inch of tape. I used 3 strips, each 2 inches long. Holds very sturdy. I may do a wire tether from the speaker to the TV bracket as a back up just to be extra cautious...three kids....you never know.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chltviewer /forum/post/15552673

Hi. Long time lurker, first time posting. Great info site. I have hung a 50" plasma in a corner with a monoprice bracket. I have installed 5.1 surround sound system, but I want to hang or attach a center channel micro speaker to the bottom of TV. Are there any brackets or techniques for hanging a center speaker to the bottom of the TV? The TV is away from the wall, so wall hanging is not an option.

My wife suggested velcro. AFter giving her a funny look, I actually thought it might work if no other ideas are available. The speaker weighs 1.9 lbs. Thanks,

They make a flat panel TV mount that has "arms" stretching out below and to the sides for mounting spkrs.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Go to home depot and get some L brackets. Screw the brackets to the wall.

Have the speaker sits on the bracket.

tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts