AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently remodeled our family room and want new sounds set up. I have a newer 46 LCD TV, Sony BDP370, and Cable Box. I would like at least a 5.1 system with speakers. My room is 20' x 13'. If I get a system for 7.1 I probably will not use all the speakers as I do not have a good location for all of them.

I would also like to have an option to send sound to another room. I have wires running from this location to speakers on my patio that i would like to be able to play music on also.

My budget is around the $600 price range. I am sure I have not included enough information to give some good suggetions, please let me know what other things would help you suggest a system. I am a newbie, so I dont know all the terminology yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
With smart shopping, you could bypass the whole HTIB thing and just go for a 7.1 receiver and speakers. I inserted the 7.1 allowing for your addition of Zone2 playback and control. Shop last years models on recievers for huge savings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have some speakers that I can use until I can get some good ones. The only thing that I am missing is a subwoofer. So a suggestion for a subwoofer would be helpful also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem13 /forum/post/19629096

With smart shopping, you could bypass the whole HTIB thing and just go for a 7.1 receiver and speakers. I inserted the 7.1 allowing for your addition of Zone2 playback and control. Shop last years models on recievers for huge savings.

No way he'll get a 5.1 speaker set and receiver worth having on his limited budget

And besides the Denon DHT-591ba isn't some rinky dink HTIB its a Denon AVR-591 receiver and Boston Acoustics 5.1 speaker set

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What speakers do you already have?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/19629249

And besides the Denon DHT-591ba isn't some rinky dink HTIB its a Denon AVR-591 receiver and Boston Acoustics 5.1 speaker set

And it also doesn't have an extra set of channels for Zone B. He doesn't need all new speakers right away. A 7.1 receiver, sub and a set of mains gets it done for $600.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Onkyo HT-S5300 or 6300... can be had for $500 or less. better receiver with the 6300. just got mine and posted about it on this forum.. on a 7.1 system you can have front L and R and front high mounted L and R along with the center speaker then have just the 2 rears or you can do a 6.1 with one rear center speaker. so there are benefits to getting 7.1 over 5.1 for sure. 6300 does have a set of RCA outs for second room

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.