Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am new to a FP, and ordered an LT150. Should be here any day. Now I need to figure out how to connect my gear. Here is what I have:

DTC-100

Tosh 9200 progressive scan DVD

Pioneer LD

JVC S-VHS VCR

Marantz RC5000(pronto remote)

What kind of switching device would you suggest?

How should I wire this all together?

My Tosh 56x81 had plenty of inputs, but this is a new world for me. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions, this forum is unreal. I have so much faith in this forum, that I purchased this on the reviews and comments made by alot of members. Any help is greatly appriciated!

------------------

Patrick Simon

[This message has been edited by Blaney (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Premium Member
25,494 Posts
How about an iScan to accept inputs from your VCR and LD, S-vid out into the LT150, comp from the DVD, and RGB from the DTC100. Not quite the convenience in switching (but the iScan does sense and auto switch to active inputs), but it's cheap and you also get better deinterlacing on VHS and LD.

------------------

Noah

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No suggestions or comments?

------------------

Patrick Simon

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
The only one source solution will be extron units. (VERY EXPENSIVE) Everything else will be a piecemeal solution. You can start by looking at www.smarthome.com but much of this you're going to have to figure out on your own I'm afraid or take the other route and have an AV installer over to your house.

It's kinda like saying "I have a big yard and 3 bushes and 5 trees...how do I mow my yard"?

Not a real helpful answer I know but direct.

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.