AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a mini player for background music in my living room, something that will play Internet radio and CDs, yet will also drive my two EFE DIY bookshelf speakers (30-125 watts, 90db, 8ohms). I currently have a full size CD player and receiver in my living room, but they simply take up too much space.

There's the Tivoli Audio Model CD Player, which looks nice but lacks Internet radio unless you buy a the radio unit too. But I can't find any info on whether it can drive third-party speakers. I doubt it. And I don't love the idea of the volume control being only on the remote.

TEAC seems to make a nice mini CD player and amp, but again no radio, but they would run well over $1,200, which is much more than I'm willing to spend on this.

There are also some nice, small, Internet radios, like the Cambridge Audio Minx Xi, but they don't play CDs, mostly have integrated speakers I don't want, and aren't cheap either (around $900).

Anyone have any suggestions to offer?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a look at the Marantz M-CR610. Looks like it might be what you're looking for.
Thanks for the suggestion. That certainly looks like it would meet my needs, but it's not all that cheap either. I was hoping for something in the $300 range, not $699. But I may not have a better option. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.