AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a new set of speakers for a new house. The room is about 15' by 30', hardwood floors. I have a young, crawling child, so floor stands (except towers) are not an option, I'll probably wall mount the front and ceiling mount the rear. The system will be a 50/50 split between sat TV (tivo) and music, w/ some DVD playback.

I'm impressed by the reviews for the Aperion 5.1 with 10" sub. I have some interest in Athena Auditions, Mission fs1 (at least they look great), Jamo A410, Paradigm System 3, and Wharfdale Pacific Evo 30. I've listened (and liked) the MK850, as my inlaws have the S-150THX Ultra as well. I REALLY like the JM labs but the total package is outta my range.

I'm leaning to the Pioneer 45TX or Denon 1083 to drive the speakers.

Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just ordered Polk's for my HT. RSi70 (mains), CSi40 (center), FX300i (surround) and an AR1212 250w sub. Total price was a little over $1600 shipped from Crutchfield. I struggled night and day for a week over Axiom, Wharfedale, Klipsch, Rockets, Infinity, Polk and JBL. Search this forum and visit the manufacturer's websites. You'll find some speakers are great for movies but just okay for music, some speakers are 'bright' and some are 'warm'. Because of my remote location, I could not drive anywhere close to audition different brands. I had to rely heavily on the great people in this forum as well as reading over reviews on other websites. So a major part of my decision came down to the models that trustworthy online retailers were carrying. I would recommend that you audition whenever possible and let your EARS decide. In the end, that's what matters the most.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.