AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a sub-woofer and surround speaker suggestions. I am building a new home theater that is ~450 sq ft and plan to use this set-up 90% for movies, 5% gaming an 5% music.

I already purchased Polk Monitor 70 SII (front) and Polk Monitor CS2 SII (center)....so the surround and SW should compliment the existing speakers and be in the same price range. I heard not so great things about the Polk SW but am willing to listen to input from others.

I know everyone has their own preferences but wanted to get some input from everyone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutheater /forum/post/19646198

I was going to hide the speakers in a column...the fact they have a rear base tube, will that cause distortion?

If you want to do that then I'd look for in-wall speakers for surrounds.

For the subwoofer I'd contact Hsu Research, SVS, Elemental Designs, and Epik and have them each size you a subwoofer solution for that room.

·
Registered
19,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutheater /forum/post/19646198

I was going to hide the speakers in a column...the fact they have a rear base tube, will that cause distortion?

Will not sound good - they were made to breathe on the outside.

Look at in-walls like Sholling said - or look at the infinity P152

speaker, which is front ported. You can cheat on surrounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.