AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit frustrating but I am trying to play DVD movies from my PC to my TV.

My second DVD player on the TV has now died. We have kids and watch lots of short shows/movies.

This is what I tried

S-video out of my PC video card to my TV

Digital Toslink from PC to my receiver

The sound works fine, all digital 6.1 surround.

The video has static and lines, looks bad.

So now I want to try something else.

Upgrade to a better video card??

Buy a streaming type audio/video?? - dunno if these will play DVD's direct form the PC.

Can someone steer me in the correct direction to do some research??

And if it matters I currently have a squeezbox upstairs that wireless plays from my music collection on my PC. Which I enjoy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to view movies stored on my pc on the tv via a wireless adaptor. The pc is in a office and the tv in another room. I have an LG630 commected to the TV and a Trendnet TEW-647GA adaptor sending the signal from my router to the setup in the bedroom.

·
Registered
364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hombrewdude /forum/post/12902792

This is just a standard analog TV.

I have Svideo and RCA video options only

Then IMO your picture will not improve. If you were thinking about upgrading sometime in the future then right now might be a good option. Hell im using a $60 tv I got off of craigslist. Its a 30in widescreen CRT from philips which has a HDMI input. Picture looks fantastic @ 1080P.

·
Registered
364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plipton /forum/post/20447506

I would like to view movies stored on my pc on the tv via a wireless adaptor. The pc is in a office and the tv in another room. I have an LG630 commected to the TV and a Trendnet TEW-647GA adaptor sending the signal from my router to the setup in the bedroom.

LOL I just noticed your post. Why did you bump this thread instead of making one for yourself?

·
Registered
579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2300NX /forum/post/20447938

Then IMO your picture will not improve. If you were thinking about upgrading sometime in the future then right now might be a good option. Hell im using a $60 tv I got off of craigslist. Its a 30in widescreen CRT from philips which has a HDMI input. Picture looks fantastic @ 1080P.

I think I have the exact tv you are talking about in my bedroom. Are you sure it's 1080p though? I doubt they make a 1080p crt.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
The s-video connection you are using is the best you are going to get. You need to upgrade to at least a HDMI 720p model to get a better picture quality, with a video card in your PC that supports HDMI.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plipton /forum/post/20447506

Create a separate/new thread!

Using someone else's thread makes your query invisible (as seen in the replies).

Moreover, the thread is 3 years old and this wastes other people's time and effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts