AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still love my Panasonic RP91, but I'm aching to give SACD a try, so I'm considering getting a Universal player.

Is there a Universal player out there that will play both DVD-A and SACD yet still produce an excellent picture in 480p? I was considering the Denon 2900, but then I read about it failing some of the benchmark tests at hometheaterhifi.com.

Any other suggestions, or should I continue to sit in a holding pattern until the right product gets released?

R8der

· Registered
290 Posts
I have a RP91, a Pioneer 49txi receiver, and a Sammy DLP TV. I have a preorder for what seems to be the perfect DVD player for me.

The new Pioneer 59avi. I-LINK for SACD and DVD-audio and DVI/HDMI for video to the TV.

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by gamecock
I have a RP91, a Pioneer 49txi receiver, and a Sammy DLP TV. I have a preorder for what seems to be the perfect DVD player for me.

The new Pioneer 59avi. I-LINK for SACD and DVD-audio and DVI/HDMI for video to the TV.
I'm hooking up to the Sunfire Theater Grand III, so the I-LINK deal won't work for me. I also have no need for DVI at this time, as I'll likely be replacing a DVD player before I replace my 4 year old HDTV.

I don't mind having DVI capabilities, it's just not a priority.

The objective is excellent DVD-A and SACD performance via the analog outputs, and video performance on par with the RP91. I don't plan on buying a different player for SACD's only....there is enough equipment in my rack already, and the Sunfire processor only has one set of analog inputs.

I appreciate the reply though. I'm curious to hear how the Pioneer unit stands up to your RP91

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.