AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are closing escrow on our first house in a few weeks, and this is the current setup of the living room.

The gray speaker locations in the front are existing, as are the two red speaker positions... the other red speaker positions are where I am thinking I would have to reposition the center channel and front speakers, based on the location of the media niche and fireplace. No matter what, the TV will be off center from the room, so we're going to put it into a built-in cabinet in the media niche and keep it on the same side of the room as the sofa will be put.

What do you guys suggest as far as center and front placement? I think the rear placement will be fine, but a ceiling mounted center and fronts doesn't seem intelligent at all so I'll probably drywall over those locations and reposition the fronts... I haven't purchased any speakers either, thinking maybe of the Mythos Gem or Gem XL as the fronts, I don't know if there's room to do in-wall fronts, and the center can be placed right above the TV in the eventual built in cabinet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or this is the second option, new placement for L/R speakers inside the media cabinet

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbgaucho
a ceiling mounted center and fronts doesn't seem intelligent at all so I'll probably drywall over those locations and reposition the fronts.
Yes, all speakers should be at ear level. Symmetry is important too, as is some basic acoustic treatment. More here:

How to set up a room
Acoustic Basics

--Ethan

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Putting the TV on the left wall is not an option, wife wants it tucked away in the custom bookcase we'll be building... so, with that said, what's the best speaker placement in your opinion?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

sadly, there isn't one, given your constraints....

if forced, i'd choose option b, but modified to get the speakers OUT of the hole...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.