AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 6000u and added the HD package (I just can't wait for the 811/911). I have been reading up on these and I was planning on hooking component up to the TV and then also going composite out to the Tivo. However, I just read that if you have Component hooked up then it disables the other outputs. Then I found another thread where people have actually kept their old receiver just so they can do something like this. Is this the only way? Any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I used the 6000 with a Replay (with the s-video out from the 6000 to the Replay). No it doesn't output a component signal and a s-video/composite signal at the same time. When you want to record something from the sat you just have to remember to switch the receiver to SD. It's not a big deal (you can do it from the remote). You will not loose any of your TIVO functionality, and since you can't view HD through the TIVO anyway you won't give up anything, you just will not be able to watch HD and record SD from the sat at the same time. Very few receivers output HD and SD at the same time (Samsung and Sony have DirectTv receivers that do-I'm not sure if the new Dish receivers do or not--I switched to DirectTv a couple of months ago). All this to say, don't worry, you can still use your TIVO like always--just not for HD. If you want to do that, wait for the HD PVRs. Dish should have one out shortly or maybe not. TIVO will have one not far behind. (You can hook it up your TIVO to the 6000 like you stated. Does the TIVO have a s-video input--if so, that should give you a somewhat better picture than composite.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 811 will allow you to output HD & SD simultaneously. So, you can record SD on your TIVO while you watch HD on your TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.