AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 100" silver screen for designed for DLP my current model is old and only has 80 hours left on the bulb. So I am looking to trade up! My budget is around 3k!

I am looking for a FULL 1080p DLP projector i need alot of lumins as my viewing room has a lot of ambient light in from the windows. I was looking at the at the BenQ SP890 but a lot of people say it has a nasty rainbow effect which I am not sure anyone here has but why take chances. But it has around 4000 Lumins which is something I feel I need.

Can you guys give me some strong suggestions on a fantastic projector for my environment?

Thank you.

Jay.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Benq W6000

·
Registered
124 Posts
another for the w6000. I just picked up one and Ive owned about 10 projectors in the last 2 years. My last being a Infocus 7210 and I found it to be the brightest that I had owned in its best mode. I plugged in the W6000 set it to cinema mode and low lamp and brilliant color off and WOW this thing kills every projector I've owned. Even at its lowest settings and lowest lumen output its still brighter then my 7210 was. Black levels are SWEEET on this thing. Way better than any other Pj that I have owned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts