AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the call on our rain check on the 46" Sony at Costco and will be picking it up on Sunday.

We have this piece of furniture that we will be mounting it to:

I have a master carpenter that will be doing the installation. I was thinking he would put some sort of board on the back of the cabinet that would stick up above the marble portion and then we would put a wall mount on that.

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced, reliable wall mount that swivels?

I was looking at some monoprice units.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i'm not sure that thing is sturdy enough to hold a tv. if you are going to do it, i would just leave it on the tv stand, and not use a mount. by using a mount, it shifts the center weight higher and toward the back of the unit. and considering how flimsy that looks, it probably not a good idea.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd recommend that you should only put TVs on stands that are meant to support them. Judging from how old that desk/cabinet looks, putting a 50 or 60-pound TV on there isn't a very good idea.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a marble top.

The whole unit is substantially heavier and sturdier than you might think it is from the photos.

My wife is really into furniture and thinks it pretty solid.

It is not fiberboard, it is real hardwood with a marble top. I moved it this morning to take the photos and it does have some heft to it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
just use a the table stand the tv comes with and just set it ontop of the unit...why use a mount?

if you must use a mount i would get some plywood and screw it to the bottom back wood portions and have it extend higher than the marble and put the mount on the plywood...you might want to paint the plywood before mounting anything.

fiddlyD

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlyd /forum/post/18261440

just use a the table stand the tv comes with and just set it ontop of the unit...why use a mount?

if you must use a mount i would get some plywood and screw it to the bottom back wood portions and have it extend higher than the marble and put the mount on the plywood...you might want to paint the plywood before mounting anything.

fiddlyD

I want to use a mount so I can put the home theatre receiver and the DishNetwork receiver on the main portion of the marble top and the center channel speaker on the top portion of the marble top.

Your suggestions are good.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts