AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for posting new thread but I need suggestions to build ht in another floor of my house. Room size = previous ht room.

I want to build my home theatre (5.1) slowly. Room size is very small (diagram attached) so decided to go with bookshelves.
Researched a bit and planned to go with SVS PB-1000 or SB-1000 sub and Denon x1100w receiver. However if the 4k upscaling feature is really great then I want receiver with that feature.
Now, the tougher part: What speakers should I buy? At first I thought to go with Pioneer AJs but since they are rear-ported , I don’t have space for them.
So, I made a list of speakers that are available here in India:
Polk Rti A1
Polk Rti A3
Polk Tsx 220B
Kef Q300
Kef Q100
Wharfedale Diamond 220
Dali Zensor 1,3
Q Acoustics
Monitor Audio
B&W 685 S2 - out of my budget
Tannoy
Infinity Primus
NHT Superzero
After choosing the perfect front bookshelves then I’ll buy the matching center and later the surrounds. Also need ideas on cables, which ones should I choose. Help me decide from these and give your suggestions if I am doing anything wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Sorry for posting new thread but I need suggestions to build ht in another floor of my house. Room size = previous ht room.

I want to build my home theatre (5.1) slowly. Room size is very small (diagram attached) so decided to go with bookshelves.
Researched a bit and planned to go with SVS PB-1000 or SB-1000 sub and Denon x1100w receiver. However if the 4k upscaling feature is really great then I want receiver with that feature.
Now, the tougher part: What speakers should I buy? At first I thought to go with Pioneer AJs but since they are rear-ported , I don’t have space for them.
Polk Rti A1
Polk Rti A3
Polk Tsx 220B
Kef Q300
Kef Q100
Wharfedale Diamond 220
Dali Zensor 1,3
Q Acoustics
Monitor Audio
Tannoy
Infinity Primus
NHT Superzero
After choosing the perfect front bookshelves then I’ll buy the matching center and later the surrounds. Also need ideas on cables, which ones should I choose. Help me decide from these and give your suggestions if I am doing anything wrong.
You're going to hear a lot of people give you different opinions on those speakers, and for the most part they are all good speakers, but the bottom line is that they will all sound a bit different and you really need to hear them to see what YOU like. When I went speaker shopping and heard the AJ's I thought they sounded darn good. Then I heard the Polk TSX line and thought the AJ's sounded muddy. I'm sure others will listen to the Polks and then not like them after hearing something else. It all depends on you. Personally I like the Polk RTI line, and really enjoy mine, but someone else may not.

·
Registered
9,799 Posts
Go listen to speakers and decide based upon what you hear and like.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Polk RTi A3s are very nice speakers!

·
Registered
9,799 Posts
I know I have to make my own decision, however can you compare their differences that you all feel
Anybody else? I don't seem to be able to get my point across. To wit: What I think is irrelevant!

OK, moving on now ....

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

Polk Rti A1
Polk Rti A3
Polk Tsx 220B
Kef Q300
Kef Q100
Wharfedale Diamond 220
Dali Zensor 1,3
Q Acoustics
Monitor Audio
Tannoy
Infinity Primus
NHT Superzero

I can vouch for KEF Q300 and BW 685. I have personally listened to both and are excellent speakers. You room is not very big either so with a decent sub either will sound great.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I would take a look at the PSA MTM 110's. Good bang for the buck. I heard the MTM210's and they sounded great. I am not sure but Tom was offering shipping both ways if you do not like them. I would even look at the PSA subs.

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/mt-110

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're going to hear a lot of people give you different opinions on those speakers, and for the most part they are all good speakers, but the bottom line is that they will all sound a bit different and you really need to hear them to see what YOU like. When I went speaker shopping and heard the AJ's I thought they sounded darn good. Then I heard the Polk TSX line and thought the AJ's sounded muddy. I'm sure others will listen to the Polks and then not like them after hearing something else. It all depends on you. Personally I like the Polk RTI line, and really enjoy mine, but someone else may not.
That's the problem for me. I can't visit the stores personally and choose the speakers as I can't walk properly after surgery. I have to leave the matter to some of my friends. They will visit the stores and buy them for me but they dont have any experience.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally I would do research on internet direct speakers I was interested in and then do an in home trial with them. If you like them you keep them. If you dont you ship them back. Some companies even have free return shipping too. Example SVS Sound has a 45 day in home trial period with free shipping both ways. Just my opinion.
I think I don't have these facilities here in India

1 - 14 of 14 Posts