AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what features/capabilities would people like to see in the next JVC RS series projector? Here are a few that I think would be intriguing.

- 2538x1080 panels that can display regular HD 1920x1080 with 1:1 pixel mapping using a subset of the panel, while also being capable of displaying 2.35:1 material with the full panel with the correct AR without an additional lens ( the best of both worlds in a CIH system!).

- A 300 watt (or higher) UHP bulb capable of yieldiing 1,000 true lumens at D65.

- Color Management System (CMS).

- LUT calibration access.

- HDMI 1.3 Deep color support

- A laser pointer (for Ohlson)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Based on specs and early viewer feedback alone, the single feature I'd ask for (that I'd actually use) would be increased lumens. Other than that, I'd just ask that they focus on lowering the price!

-tony

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
1) At least a manual iris to be able to tone down brightness as needed, it would also boost the lens contrast and sharpness performance.

2) VGA input supporting 1080P, and a DVI input at PC levels

3) RGB contrast and brightness in the user menu

4) Silent fan, as in the Mits HC5000

5) Price similar to Pearl selling price.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLT /forum/post/0

1) At least a manual iris to be able to tone down brightness as needed, it would also boost the lens contrast and sharpness performance.

I'm surprised that I forgot that one! Yeah a high brightness bulb with a manual iris would allow people to tradeoff lumens for contrast in addition to toning down the brightness on a new lamp.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Wow, where's Dr. QQQ to psychoanalyze this, ahem, interesting sample of patients...

PS All I need JVC to do for us is to remove one zero from their price (to the left of the decimal, NOT to the right)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I hear MSRP for the RS2 is going to be FREE! Although, I think I'm going to have to pass on this version since it doesn't do VS or have access to the LUT (To quote Jessica Simpson - "I totally don't know what that means, but I want it.")

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petersen /forum/post/0

So what features/capabilities would people like to see in the next JVC RS series projector? Here are a few that I think would be intriguing.

- 2538x1080 panels that can display regular HD 1920x1080 with 1:1 pixel mapping using a subset of the panel, while also being capable of displaying 2.35:1 material with the full panel with the correct AR without an additional lens ( the best of both worlds in a CIH system!).

- A 300 watt (or higher) UHP bulb capable of yieldiing 1,000 true lumens at D65.

- Color Management System (CMS).

- LUT calibration access.

- HDMI 1.3 Deep color support

- A laser pointer (for Ohlson)

A surprise launch, announce them after they start shippnig, so we don't go through 4 months of speculation!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,539 Posts
"- 2538x1080 panels that can display regular HD 1920x1080 with 1:1 pixel mapping using a subset of the panel, while also being capable of displaying 2.35:1 material with the full panel with the correct AR without an additional lens ( the best of both worlds in a CIH system!).

- A 300 watt (or higher) UHP bulb capable of yieldiing 1,000 true lumens at D65."

These two are somewhat at odds with each other; light can't be gatehered as effectively with higher AR beamprints.

I say forget 2.35:1 and full ahead on more lumens.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.