Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

After 9 service calls to my house, Samsung has given up on me and suggested that I either take a new TV from them or take my money back. I have the 50" HLN 5065 and I absolutly love it. Too bad it makes more noise than my 7000 RPM fan in my PC and my color wheels don't last more than a month.

I am going to have to replace the television, but I have a few constraints. I had my whole basement built around the television and it's built into the wall. That means that the next televsion I buy HAS to be smaller than the following dimensions... 55"W x 39"H x 25"D.

I know I have to get another DLP because I play video games and use it as a PC monitor and I can't get any burn in if I use a DLP.

Currently I would like to get a DLP that supports all 480i/480p/720p/1080i modes on the same RGB jack because the samsung model I had didnt and it played absolute hell with my xbox. I would also like two sets (prefer three) of RBG inputs as well as a DVI or at a minimum VGA port on the back as well.

The most important issues in the replacment tv would be that it has the same picture quality as the samsung, but I DONT WANT TO HAVE THE AUDIO SYNC ISSUE. Samsungs way of fixing my delay problem was to add delay to coax input of the television, which helped if I used the tv speakers, but didnt help at all with dss or the vcr when routed through my receiver. I am not willing to buy a receiver with sound delay because that is unacceptable when playing video games.

Another thing thats important to me is overall noise produced by the television. My samsung was noisy as hell from the time I turned it on to the time I turned it off. I heard that Panasonics have "air bearings" in the color wheel, which sounds great, but im sure there is still a fan in them that makes noise.

Can anyone please recommend somthing that is quiet, nice, and comparable to the 5065HLN that I had before. I would just go out and buy the HLP but I'm scared to ever buy another samsung product. They tried to fix my television 9 times over a years period and its literally killing me inside and Im not willing to go through it again. If it was a car, it would have qualified as a lemon and after reading the forums, it would seem that there are hundreds of people that have been going through the same crap that I have...

Any suggestions or reviews of other brands would be greatly appreciated. Any 50 or 52 inch models like RCA, LG, Panasonic, or the like of DLP televisions would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has any input on whether they suffer from the same lipsync issues, or if that was samsung specific, would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know anything about this new technology from JVC?? They claim it's one generation past DLP and doesn't allow screen burn in. That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, except it's first generation technology and look what happened the last time I bought the first DLP set made... I'd like to know if anyone has this set from JVC and if they know if it suffers from audio sync issues, it really looks like it might be the perfect replacement for my Samsung DLP...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....6&type=product

·
Registered
31 Posts
How did you fit the HLN 5065 into a 39" wide space? The Optoma RD50 is more narrow than the Samsung at 46", but it is taller at 35.5". I don't know of any other DLP besides the 44" LG DLP that will fit into a space made for the HLN5065. They look like nice sets, but you lose almost 23% in screen area compared to the 50" Samsung. Good Luck.

Edit - The LG dimensions are 42.5"W x 30.1"H x 13.9"D

Also, If you meant 55"W 39"H x 25"D, the 46" Toshiba will fit

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rezolution
I am going to have to replace the television, but I have a few constraints. I had my whole basement built around the television and it's built into the wall. That means that the next televsion I buy HAS to be smaller than the following dimensions... 55"H x 39"W x 25"D.
Quote:
Originally posted by malomead
How did you fit the HLN 5065 into a 39" wide space?
You don't. The HLN 5065 is 46.6"W x 33.8" H x 17.6"D. Either the height and width measurements were given in reverse (55" W x 39" H) or the width measurement is 49" instead of 39".

Michael

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mohrmann
You don't. The HLN 5065 is 46.6"W x 33.8" H x 17.6"D. Either the height and width measurements were given in reverse (55" W x 39" H) or the width measurement is 49" instead of 39".

Michael
Yeah, my bad, the space i have is 55wide x 39high x 25 deep

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.