AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a very messed up Sony STR-DG800 that I'm finally about to get rid of. The HDMI pass through doesn't work and it's dented pretty badly. Currently it's only powering a pair of Martin Logan Motion 10s, though I plan to do at least a full 5.1 at some point. My budget is about 500 dollars. More then happy to consider used/refurbished products. The Harman Kardon AVR 3600 is on sale from about 1200 to 550 dollars, but only has 80 watts per channel. Maybe they are a little more realistic in their ratings?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Banned
8,303 Posts
With a 1w/1m rating for the Motion 10's, with a powered ten or twelve inch sub-woofer, 60w's is ample power to rock your home theater experience.

Quote:
My budget is about 500 dollars.

That's a very flexible budget. I'm a Denon/Marantz kinda guy. A brand new, in the box, you're the first to open it, Denon AVR 1713 can delivered from Vann's for $400.00. OTOH, you can step up the cool factor with a factory referb'd Marantz SR5006 , delivered, for under five hundred dollars.

At both of these sites you'll find lots of well priced alternatives to my above. When you make a choice and you're ready to hit the hip, give them a call and see if you can work out a better price then what you're seeing online.

-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts