AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a SunBrite HDTV (waterproof TV) which I have in my bathroom. The problem I have is that the HDMI tuner seems to be really bad in the TV. I am using an Ethernet to HDMI extender over CAT6 cable to get the signal to the bathroom from about 75 feet away, which should be no problem length wise. What I get, though, is that the TV usually just says, "No Signal", and if it does lock onto the signal, it has dropouts and will sometimes it will just loose it again completely again. If I put another HDTV in there (non waterproof) and hook it up, everything works just as it should, no dropouts or problems whatsoever.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this SunBrite TV to work as it should? Is it possible to swap out the internal HDMI tuner with a good one?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Topr.. If I hook up something to it directly it will work, but I've tried 3 different brands of HDMI Extenders which all work fine with other TVs, just not this one. This one just seems to be very strict about what it will accept, has to be exactly perfect signal or it doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.