AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve watched a few movies with my new HLM507W and never really noticed this until last night watching Lethal Weapon on DVD – Faces and bare skin on white people is looking very sunburnt. I reduced the color level on the picture menu and that reduced the effect, but I’m wondering what’s the best way to get the sunburn out?

(I’d try the green Aloe Vera stuff from Walgreens, but I’m not sure it will work.)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
try moving to "cool" 1 or 2 and balancing the color (hue? whatever that is) more towards green than red. Of course, they tend to have a problem with too much green, so be vewy careful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can go into the SM and lower the Rgain then increase the Bgain and Ggain by 1/2 of the amount you raised the red to keep the color balanced. Look for the SM Tweak thread it will give you starting numbers. The color changes on each input so if TV looked fine the DVD was too red you would want to adjust this input.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Then again, you could wait for your bulb to "burn in" and go for a base-level ISF calibration. I did, and for about $300 it was money well spent.

My biggest problem was with excess green in highlights/skin tones. While the tweaks thread certainly helped, the pro calibration was certainly better. Plus, the calibration took into account my specific input sources and cabling. I used Dave Abrams ([email protected]). Nice guy, great results.

MattG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.