AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have direcTV with ESPN HD and get ABC OTA in HD. On my set, Sunday night football on ESPN HD has a superior picture than my over the air HD broadcast on MNF. MNF doesn't look bad at all, but to me there is a distinct advantage to ESPN. The colors just look more vivid. I'm using a Zenith SAT520. Does anyone else experience this or is it me?

....how bout them Razorbacks!!

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steverobertson
I agree 100% with you glad to see someone else notices this as well
Ditto

Plus the announcers are better (oh no, what have I started?)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
At my house MNF looks better than SNF. I will admit that this sunday had the best quality of any SNF games I have watched.

Mitsu ws55711 via Mitsu e86 for D* & OTA

via a Pace 550 for cable.

Can't tell the difference between cable and OTA except my cable pixilates and my OTA doesn't, but I think it is a problem with my apartment complex.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I also think SNF looks better than MNF. My local ABC affiliate multicasts, which I assume is causing most of the problem. For those who think SNF looks better than MNF, are your locals multicasting?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sunday night on ESPN HD and Monday night on ABC OTA are very similar to me. The PQ is roughly the same. My ABC station does not multi-cast, so that may be the reason.

Saturday game on CBS HD channel from dish network looked and always looks like a poor upconvert.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Hate to be a party-pooper, but any comparisons between SNF and MNF contain far more variables than you could possibly imagine. Set-top box, decoder, data rates, multicasting, event venue, lighting, video control engineer... Need I go on?

Feel free to voice your opinions anyway, that's part of what this forum is for.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
the main reason I say SNF is...

the skycam has improved greatly in comparison to MNF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.