AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by midas
It doesn't look to me like OTA is picking up the HD feed. The picture for me is awful.
They won't, anywhere. The HD version is exclusive to ESPN HD.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
They won't, anywhere. The HD version is exclusive to ESPN HD.
Well my post looks stupid now. But before I posted it there was a post here comparing the ESPN and local picture. That post must have been deleted by the poster within about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
My reply above was also to the post that seemingly was deleted. So we don't look so weird here's a small part of it:

"For the first time I can compare ESPN-HD

to a local OTA - WLS-DT Chicago"

·
Registered
557 Posts
ESPN has definately stepup the picture quality tonight.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Tonight's game looks great ... better than the CBS game today IMHO. I think ESPN/ABC is definitely getting better with practice. SUPERB. This is what I paid all that money for - to experience games like this.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFister
Tonight's game on DirecTV is more detailed than last night's college game. Very pleased here.
Could be due to the superior lighting in the Metrodome.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is it just me, or do the replays look better tonight too? Last week I seem to remember the super slo-mo replays having a bit of jitter from frame-to-frame...there is none of that tonight.

This game looks great!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
I didn't delete anything in this topic.

·
Registered
45,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattazuma
So, here in Chicago the Bears game is being shown on the local ABC station (in addition to being on ESPN). What NFL rule would restrict the ABC station from using the HD feed?
It's not an NFL rule, it's a decision to encourage HD viewers to sub to ESPN HD - programming you can't get anywhere else.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.