AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver yesterday. Today I closed my office door to read the manual. Unlike all other manuals which are written in semi-technical manner, this one is filled with humor. Examples:

In section about the remote with back lighting, instruction on setting the time span when the back lighting is on: "If you press ON, it changes to OFF and disable the light. This is useful if you want to save battery or if the kids like to use the remote as a flashlight or Light Saber"

Still in remote, when they talk about programming the Macro: ".... a single button press could turn on all of your Home Theater equipment, and set the Ultimate Receiver to DVD, set the TV to channel 3, and set the DVD to play, make the tea and put the cat out"

I think I like the manual.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Sunfire gear has very easy to read manuals. Then again, I'm an engineer, so maybe my opinion doesn't count among the non-engineers... :D

Thats pretty slick though!

Sorny

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have set it up (with B&W CDM-NT center, main, surround and B&W Leisure Monitors for Surround Back) in a 7.1 configuration.

As far as I know, everything works as designed. No hum like some people reported about a month ago. There was a high-pitch noise coming out of all of the speakers' tweeters which immediately put me in a panic mode. Then I read the "trouble shooting" section of the manual and identified and fixed the problem right away (turned out I plugged it in the same circuit which had a light dimmer - the manual was right on).

I have not had a chance to calibrate the speakers yet, but right out of the box the sound was fantastic. The Holographic immaging was as good as advertised. I wanted to have a high-quality receiver with the convenience of an integrated package and the sound approaching some of the best separates. I might have found the thing I was looking for.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Riverplace
I have set it up (with B&W CDM-NT center, main, surround and B&W Leisure Monitors for Surround Back) in a 7.1 configuration.

As far as I know, everything works as designed. No hum like some people reported about a month ago. There was a high-pitch noise coming out of all of the speakers' tweeters which immediately put me in a panic mode. Then I read the "trouble shooting" section of the manual and identified and fixed the problem right away (turned out I plugged it in the same circuit which had a light dimmer - the manual was right on).

I have not had a chance to calibrate the speakers yet, but right out of the box the sound was fantastic. The Holographic immaging was as good as advertised. I wanted to have a high-quality receiver with the convenience of an integrated package and the sound approaching some of the best separates. I might have found the thing I was looking for.
Very nice - what did you drive them with before? I bet they sound great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.