AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is your Sunfire equipment, especially Ultimate Receiver, warm to the touch even after you turn it off?

Thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Riverplace
Is your Sunfire equipment, especially Ultimate Receiver, warm to the touch even after you turn it off?

Thanks for your advise.
For how long after it's been off? I have a CGII, it's warm certainly while on, and cools down over time after it's off. That's to be expected. Though sunfire amps do stay cooler than other high powered amps due to thier design.

Warm is fine - too hot to touch on the surface would indicate a problem. Or perhaps warm after many hours of being off, I have not noticed that.

Hope that helps a little at least.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine UR is always warm, even 24 hours after being turned off. Would you please check yours CGII to see if it is the same? Really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
My CG is never warm. It is always stone cold; even while playing at reference. Then again, my speakers aren't much of a demanding load for the amp.

Sorny

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Riverplace
Mine UR is always warm, even 24 hours after being turned off. Would you please check yours CGII to see if it is the same? Really appreciate your help.
No, it's definately not always warm. It gets chilly in here over night, and it's a metal chassis, so it cools off.

I'd give a call to sunfire, see if it should be that way.

What kind of speakers are you using?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't have a UR, but my CG is always cold as well unless I am pushing huge amounts of power into my five Magnepans (4ohm loads) for extended periods of time. Then, the bottom of the case will warm up slightly.

- Chris

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Riverplace,

I use a CG Signature series II, and mine when off stays just very slightly warm. I was curious about this also, and when I called sunfire they told me that this was normal for the Signature series II. I have been using this amp for 8 months now, with absolutely no problems at all(great amp!). So unless its getting more than just slightly warm, it should be fine. But just to be safe you could call sunfire. Hope this helps.

SV

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Guys, any electronic device that can be powered up via a remote or via an input signal or via a trigger voltage (in other words, anything other than a mechanical switch) will always be at least a little warm because the power transformer is constantly powered.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Fine
Guys, any electronic device that can be powered up via a remote or via an input signal or via a trigger voltage (in other words, anything other than a mechanical switch) will always be at least a little warm because the power transformer is constantly powered.
That makes a lot of sense.

My unit is a more than "a little warm". The bottom is real warm, I can not put a finger on it for more than 5,6 seconds. I called Sunfire and they said it is normal! I think my unit is a little more than the norm. But variation is a part of engineering/manufacturing. I decided not to worry about it.

Thanks for all of your inputs and help. Sunfire is a classy product, and it turns out Sunfire Owners are Gentlemen and real helpful.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Why, thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.