AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using both my Pioneer 64" widescreen and the X1 today. I'll switch at halftime. The projector involves me more in the game but because of the resolution advantage that the RPTV has, I'll want to use that too. The screen for the X1 is a 92" diagonal Da-Lite HCMW. I'll have the X1 set to video mode for a little extra punch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Charter did not have CBS in HD so I told a friend I go to his house to watch it. It showed up in my channel guide yesterday, called and they said they made special arrangements. Now I want to have a party, but it's too late.

PS Rooting for the Panthers.

·
Registered
967 Posts
According to my TV Guide, the Superbowl that Carolina can win won't be happening till next year when they will play the Raiders. So sorry....... but your enthusiasm seems to be one year too early.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I posted this in the HDTV forum.

Hello all, I work during the Super Bowl because unfortunately the news never stops. Our plans this year (since I got my Z1) were to bring the PJ to work and watch the big game on a DIY screen (huge piece of formica) that we put up. The orignal idea was just to hook up a BNC to RCA adapter and watch the game in analog. But since I'm constantly on the HT sites I was researching some OTA HD options before the big game. Well, as if sent from God, I arrive to work today and find that the engineering guys got a reciever and a SIR-T351 from our network since they're implementing HD this year (you can probably guess the network). So me and another HD savvy co-worker check out what this thing can do, and find that with a home made antennae, we pick up not only CBS, but like 8 other stations!

All of this is on the second floor of the station, but for the game we will be bringing this sucker down to the first floor, and the audio engineer will route the analog audio cast through the PA speakers.

P.S. Going for the Panthers cause I don't like the Pats.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Unfortunately for me, my local cable provider has CBS in their HD lineup, but when I tuned it in today, all that it says is they'll provide it when CBS gives them the feed. Bunch of BS, as I do have a big party planned, and I 'd hoped to show off my new HS20. I guess we'll see how good it scales normal cable.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Sadly, I watched them lose in all 106" glory. *sigh* I was screaming at Fox for trying for the 2 with 12 minutes left. Ah well, it was a really fun game.

-MP

·
Registered
864 Posts
Never underestimate the value of an Offensive Line. Watched in HD on a Pio Pro-1110HD.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Big party... 25 people... Sb in HD via my PT-L300U and 12-foot diagonal Da-Lite HCCV screen... surround sound, etc.

Looked stunning. Everyone couldn't stop talking about how it was THE perfect way to watch a game.

Here is a shot of my home made SB mylars (it says 5:25pm because I am in the Central timezone)...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I brought an Infocus LP290 to my friend's superbowl party and blown up a signal pulled in with rabbit ears, hehe.. no cable. Wasn't great, but the alternative was a 27" TV for 13 people :)

Markito, nice room. I like the way the ceiling curves. I wonder how hard that'd be to make in a standard room, hehe.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yeah, I just lucked out that the basement had that barrel ceiling when I bought the house. I love the look of it, but if it didn't curve, my screen could have been even bigger. Thanks for the compliment Strahan.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Had 5 people over watching on my HS10 (with new bulb) on a 109" screen. People were talking more about the projector than the game. Two different people said they've never seen a projector put out a picture this good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.