1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

At halftime I count: 7

5 - Movie trailers

1 - 16:9 Charmin commecial (HD? or 16:9 enhanced?)

1 - Chevrolet HD commercial

Best regards,

Paul Bigelow

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think this broadcast proves that HDTV commercials have a long way to go. I actually saw a CSI promotion, a HD show, shown during a HD broadcast, and it was in, you guessed it, SD.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't know about you but I think a lot of advertisers were nuts not to have shown their ads in HD.

The movie and in particular the Chevrolet ads really jumped out from the cramped, fuzzy ads that represent millions of advertising dollars.

Hope some advertiser reads this little post.

Rick

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I was dissapointed with Ford's GT commercial, cooling looking car not in HD, they can do better. I hope the charmin and Chevorolet HD ads up the ante to make more ads in HD, why don't networks do HD adds all the time?

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
The movie trailers in HD were incredible.Van Helsing looks awesome.All the movie trailers in HD made me want to see them.They looked so good. J.H.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by J.H.
The movie trailers in HD were incredible.Van Helsing looks awesome.All the movie trailers in HD made me want to see them.They looked so good. J.H.
agreed

i really want to see van helsing and secret window

when it's in HD, you actually feel like you're watching those previews at a movie theater..at least that's how it is for me

great job Chevy on the HD ad..it was STUNNING to say the least

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Now did they have to produce both NTSC and HD versions of those commercials?

If that's the case, for cost reasons alone, you probably won't see too many more HDTV commercials any time soon.

Obviously when the movies come out, those movie trailer HDTV commercials will have outlived their shelf life.

Would make sense for BMW, Curvoisier and some other upscale brands to produce some HDTV commercials.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wasn't that Chevy ad great? I wasn't expecting it as some previous speculation indicated that there were not going to be any except for a few movie trailers.

"Van Helsing" looked great. "Hildalgo" and "The Alamo" looked great as well.

Amazingly, "Troy" was not HD. If there ever was a movie for HD showing....

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
most of the commercials sucked................the only thing that made the commercials was the movies and the budweiser

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Somebody help me please. I can't download or save the HD files. What is the .torrent file extention? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think the bud commercial with the horse farting was the bomb.Anyone else agree?Also the CHEVY SSR commercial was my overall pic

·
Registered
228 Posts
Go over to filerush.com. The top 3. They're for bit torrent download. If you need help with what or how to get a torrent client working, click the "What's a torrent?" link that's on every page.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Anyone have access to these files without the goofy torrent software needing to be installed (I never trust those client programs)?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RAVEN56706
most of the commercials sucked................the only thing that made the commercials was the movies and the budweiser
OK, for eye appeal, the movies trailers were great and the Chevy ad had truly dramatic colors. But the most heart-wrenching ad was from the Linux group. I thought the Muhammad Ali jolt was "The Greatest" part of any ad offered all night. He's my idol!

Bob

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.