AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For details on how to view the Super Bowl in 4K, see the first post in THIS THREAD.

For all technical comments, please include the following:

HD

For viewing on Fox Broadcast Affiliates
Include the CALL LETTERS and City of the affiliate you're watching and the means by which you're getting the signal. Please be specific, e.g. "Watching WJBK, Detroit via Spectrum," "Watching KTTV via DirecTV" or "Watching WTVT OTA." Ditto if you're streaming the game in HD or on your phone.

For linear 4k
Just be sure to mention the MPVD you're using, D* = DirecTV, E* for Dish if you want to use shorthand.

For Streaming 4K
Include as much as you can.. streaming source, provider and probably equipment. I realize it's a lot of information. "Stream looks like crap" doesn't tell us anything. "Streaming 4k from Fubo on my Fire Stick over Spectrum internet in Philly ..and it looks like crap" is infinitely more helpful.

For game chatter, commercials, etc
Just have at it.

For Food
Use THIS THREAD.

Jump to kickoff

Jump to halftime

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Picture looks great via DirecTV channel 105 / genie 2

But not getting 4K via my 2019 4K Samsung tv via Samsung fox sports app .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
have firetv and fox sports app running 4k hdr with xfinity xfi 1gb internet plan. attached my lg oled c9 picture settings if they help anyone or if anyone wants to help me.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
and the firestick setting for display.

Attachments

·
UHD Addict
37,283 Posts
It's been on here in the DC area since 1PM. The Kickoff show, between 1PM and 2PM, showed a bitrate of 21.88 Mbps in kmttg from FiOS. I transferred it to my PC a short time ago from the TiVo Bolt I use with FiOS. So far the 2160P with HLG HDR has not had any issues since the broadcast started here at 1PM EST.

Like the other FiOS UHD broadcasts I've seen, it's about on par with how UHD looks from Netflix, Amazon etc. So it looks decent. And certainly looks much, much better than all the FiOS bitstarved HD channels. With it's waxy faces and low detail. But of course nothing like what you would get from a disc.

Of course the broadcast is still upscaled 1080P video. So I hope next year that CBS will have a true UHD broadcast. Or maybe in 2022 with NBC?

And I still hope that they increase the bitrate a little for the game. But that low 20's birate seems to be the norm from the FiOS UHD content I've seen.

I did compare a few minutes between the FiOS HLG HDR broadcast on my TiVo and the Fox Sports HDR10 stream, from a Roku and Fire TV stick. And they both looked pretty much the same to me. On both my Sony and TCL UHD TV.

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
Is anyone getting HDR on FuboTV? I am not on the Fire Stick 4K.

My TV shows "HDR10+" using the Fox Sports app on the Fire Stick4K.
No HDR/HLG in Fubotv on Roku Ultra or Fire Stick 4K on my LG OLED 55EF9500

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Sorry if wrong thread , but it has. Been reported RCN cable has the game in 4K

Anyone watching the game /pregame in 4K via RCN?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
UHD Addict
37,283 Posts
I've got it. TCL Roku TV (49S515) running the FOX 4K Channel on the Fubo TV Roku App, My TV's HDR Bug popped up but honestly, the colors (to me) look more like SDR
I also have an SDR recording on my TiVos from the 720P FOx broadcast. I'm seeing deeper colors from the HLG and HDR10 version than from the SDR version.
On both my SOny 2015 UHD TV and my 2018 TCL 6 Series UHD TV.

Those TVs have a wide color gamut. But I would expect even more from a TV with an even wider color gamut. One that has Quantum Dots. Like the 2019 TCL 6 series has.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Got a 1080P Samsung...not sure why I'm not getting at least 1080P via AppleTV 4K Fox Sports app.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Watching from the 6 series TCL 65 inch using the Fox Sports app. HDR symbol comes up, but honestly wishing that I could run this on my OLED B7, however Fox Sports app not on the Webos.

The picture looks good, but little flat as far as the pop goes with HDR. Yeah more SDR look to me, but overall it's a clear picture. We'll see if the actual game looks better.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts