AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Bowl LIV in HD and 4K from FOX

21K views 272 replies 108 participants last post by  DrDon 
#1 · (Edited)
For details on how to view the Super Bowl in 4K, see the first post in THIS THREAD.

For all technical comments, please include the following:

HD

For viewing on Fox Broadcast Affiliates
Include the CALL LETTERS and City of the affiliate you're watching and the means by which you're getting the signal. Please be specific, e.g. "Watching WJBK, Detroit via Spectrum," "Watching KTTV via DirecTV" or "Watching WTVT OTA." Ditto if you're streaming the game in HD or on your phone.

For linear 4k
Just be sure to mention the MPVD you're using, D* = DirecTV, E* for Dish if you want to use shorthand.

For Streaming 4K
Include as much as you can.. streaming source, provider and probably equipment. I realize it's a lot of information. "Stream looks like crap" doesn't tell us anything. "Streaming 4k from Fubo on my Fire Stick over Spectrum internet in Philly ..and it looks like crap" is infinitely more helpful.

For game chatter, commercials, etc
Just have at it.

For Food
Use THIS THREAD.

Jump to kickoff

Jump to halftime

See less See more
#7 ·
have firetv and fox sports app running 4k hdr with xfinity xfi 1gb internet plan. attached my lg oled c9 picture settings if they help anyone or if anyone wants to help me.

Attachments

#10 ·
and the firestick setting for display.

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
It's been on here in the DC area since 1PM. The Kickoff show, between 1PM and 2PM, showed a bitrate of 21.88 Mbps in kmttg from FiOS. I transferred it to my PC a short time ago from the TiVo Bolt I use with FiOS. So far the 2160P with HLG HDR has not had any issues since the broadcast started here at 1PM EST.

Like the other FiOS UHD broadcasts I've seen, it's about on par with how UHD looks from Netflix, Amazon etc. So it looks decent. And certainly looks much, much better than all the FiOS bitstarved HD channels. With it's waxy faces and low detail. But of course nothing like what you would get from a disc.

Of course the broadcast is still upscaled 1080P video. So I hope next year that CBS will have a true UHD broadcast. Or maybe in 2022 with NBC?

And I still hope that they increase the bitrate a little for the game. But that low 20's birate seems to be the norm from the FiOS UHD content I've seen.

I did compare a few minutes between the FiOS HLG HDR broadcast on my TiVo and the Fox Sports HDR10 stream, from a Roku and Fire TV stick. And they both looked pretty much the same to me. On both my Sony and TCL UHD TV.

#18 ·
Got a 1080P Samsung...not sure why I'm not getting at least 1080P via AppleTV 4K Fox Sports app.

#19 ·
Watching from the 6 series TCL 65 inch using the Fox Sports app. HDR symbol comes up, but honestly wishing that I could run this on my OLED B7, however Fox Sports app not on the Webos.

The picture looks good, but little flat as far as the pop goes with HDR. Yeah more SDR look to me, but overall it's a clear picture. We'll see if the actual game looks better.

#22 · (Edited)
Unaltered or cropped image from iPad Pro taken off my 77C8. Looks amazing. HDR bug popped on when channel opened. Using Fox Sprts app on Roku Ultra.

Attachments

#23 ·
Does the FOX Sports 4K HDR on Roku look washed out to anybody else? I have a TCL 49S515 Roku TV and am running both the FOX Sports (left) and FuboTV (right) apps on Roku, both in 4K HDR, and the HDR setting is set to "Normal" on my TV for both pictures. Also, I noticed the FuboTV feed will glitch out for a second and the audio will be out of sync (Mediacom/Xtream Internet at 133Mbps Down and 16Mbps Up)

Attachments

#24 · (Edited)
Watching via FOX Sports app on a Roku Ultra and it looks pretty good. Getting 4K HDR although the HDR seems a touch on the heavy side. Getting all commercials just like the cable/OTA broadcast.

Below is a quick screencap of the data rate. It's a healthy data rate and this is just the pregame show. That big spike was me reloading the app. It's currently averaging about 30 Mb/s so those with data caps be aware!:p

FOX Sports app>Roku Ultra>Denon AVR-X6500H>Sony A9F 65" OLED
Comcast is the broadband provider and I have a 330 Mb/s connection.

Right around a 60-sec delay from local station broadcast(SF market>KTVU>Comcast cable)

Attachments

#36 ·
watching it here in NYC on Verizon FiOS...channel 1498...4K HLG...great to see the commercials in 4K HLG as well...definitely an improvement in picture quality versus standard FOX 720p but I wouldn't call it a reference 4K showcase...the HLG definitely gives it a lot more pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.