AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and her family just got a 50" DLP tv . They have been suffering with analog cable for about 3 weeks. Well, they finally took my advice and upgraded to Digital cable/ with HDTV. Now the only channels offered are ESPN,INHD+INHD2,and DiscoveryHiDef Theater. BUT>>> and this is a very big but... thier cable company is providing the Super Bowl in Hi def . Cbs is not available now or after the game.. but they will get the game. Anybody ever heard of anything like this??? I'm not gonna say what co it is--dont wanna blow it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C-x

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
TWC announced the same thing a few days ago, but I haven't heard anything about Cox. Could be just a local thing.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yes, I've heard of such a thing. Comcast carried the pre-season Steelers-Eagles game in HD using a temporary channel in for the local CBS affiliate (KDKA-DT), as a promotion when their HD service launched last August. But then it took until late in the year when the overall Viacom-Comcast deal was signed before we got KDKA-DT full time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.