AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm hooked. And yes, I'm looking a little ahead...

Will this year's Superbowl 38 in Houston on Feb 1 2004 be broadcast in HD on CBS?

Rgds,

JohnW

·
Registered
40 Posts
If they do Comcast better start offering CBS HD before then or I'll be really upset.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
noting you are in Denver, you will not be able to get this OTA. Only way is via Dish or ExpressVu. you may already know this.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RJS
noting you are in Denver, you will not be able to get this OTA. Only way is via Dish or ExpressVu. you may already know this.
Huh? Theres plenty of guys that get KCNC digital OTA in Denver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RJS
You are thinking of KMGH (ABC).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RJS
Actually, I'm closer to Boulder, and like others have stated, KCNC is quite "gettable" (loved watching '9ers in HD, even though they lost...).

Thanks Ken, for the confirmation. Time to start setting up the Home Theater Superbowl XXXVIII party :)

Rgds,

JohnW

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Anyone have any idea how much of the pregame will be in HD? Or will they just flip over at the start of the game? (I know it's far off and CBS probably doesn't even know, but that's why we're all here - to ask ridiculous questions we hope Ken has the answers to!)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David F
Anyone have any idea how much of the pregame will be in HD?
I'm sure they haven't figured this out yet, but I'd imagine that any of the pregame that is done in the stadium would be in HD, since they'd be using the same equipment they'll use at the game. If they're doing anything off-site (like the concert on The Mall before ABC's first NFL game a few weeks ago), I doubt they'd go to the expense to do that in HD as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
sorry for the misinformation. I guess I continue to think Denver is not an HD city without the new tower. I dont think I can get the CBS signal up here in Boulder - have things changed? I did see a local HD commercial on NBC, which struck me as strange, as I cant get that signal either (or at least I dont think I can). I could drop DISH all together if I could get CBS ota.

Thanks in advance for the info. Dont mean to hijack the thread. PM is ok for response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.