Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a whole set of HDTV hardware, from a local retailer in Seattle area called "Video Only". Before purchasing, I did some research on the net(including this forum) to look for good deal and to look for suggestion on which to buy. Guess what, no one beat the price they got,

I purchased Toshiba 34HF81 + JVC progressive scan, dvd audio player for $2200+tax.(and 12month no interest financing)

Then I started to look for a HDTV receiver. Went to several stores for Toshiba DST-3000, they all sell it for $699. When I revisit "Video only" again, WOW, they're selling it for $449!!!!! I'm just amazed, the best deal I heard was $569 on the net! I tell them I purchased the tv + dvd just a week ago, they gave me another 5% off.

Just like everyone else, I get frustrated when I wanted to look for a super deal, I feel I should let everybody know the experience I have when shopping. I beleive they take phone orders from other states, just give them a call, you'll be happy about your choice! I'm not affiliated with the store, I'm simply a happy consumer who is happy about his purchase. :)

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Not HD related, but I bought my Yamaha HTR-5280 through Video Only in Salem, OR and they did an internet price match for me. They have been excellent to work with and are authorized dealers for the equipment they sell. A coworker bought an item from them that failed within 2 weeks and they replaced it on the spot, no questions asked.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Thanks for posting this. $426 ($449-5%) is absolutely the best price I have seen anywhere recently on a non-RCA DIRECTV HDTV receiver. However, last week Video Only told me they would no longer ship out of state so it looks like this is available only to West Coasters.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi ya folks,

Hmmm, limiting one's service area doesn't sound like good business sense especially since e-commerce is a lucrative market.

Interesting.

Thanks,

Errol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've heard high praise about Video Only's prices and service as well. While I've yet to buy from them, I've been recommended them more often by family and friends who have done so in the Portland, OR area, and they've all been highly impressed. It's a shame they're not wider-spread, but perhaps their regional focus is a factor in their success.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My Toshiba 34HF81 and DST-300 was the 3rd TV I've bought from the San Mateo, CA Video Only store. Their service has always been great and their salespeople are much more knowledgable about A/V stuff than CC and BB.

Plus, they love to negotiate which is perfect for me !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.