AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not.

So I downloaded Winisd and modeled a Mach 5 18.2 in the Easy Button end table...with a twist. In order to increase the WAF I am planning a downfiring version. Basicly the dimensions will/may be 20x24x37-40 with 4" legs to get it off the ground

Now since I have a limited understanding of the information and how to manipulate it I am looking for help and ideas how to make this as efficient as possible. Here are some screen shots and dimensions I used.
Attachment 129518

Attachment 129519

Attachment 129520

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You may want to put "Easy Button End Table design" in your title so NEO Dan or another designer on this site will find this question - I only found this post because I clicked on it by mistake...

·
Registered
14 Posts
warrant -

You can right click on the graph and go to options to change the values displayed. This will allow you to see the SPL line. I increased the SPL to 150 and decreased the Hz to 200. With a sub you really do not care about the higher frequencies anyway.

Also, since you attached the cone excursion graph you may want to post the signal power input.

Cannot help you with anything else as I'm going through the same learning process.

I agree with the BeerParty's post.

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm currently awaiting my IXL 18.2.2 and I am trying to decide on whether to do a 200 litre 19Hz tune or go for the LLT. My wife is not real excited about a 360 or so litre box in the room, so I might compromise. A 200 litre end table would work well for me but I'd like to do a slot port but it sounds like a pain. I'll be following this thread to see how you like it, I haven't been able to find anyone that has done a 200 litre ported for this sub before, just LLT or sealed. So good luck and keep us updated.

Brad

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, maybe this is an opportunity to help in exchange for the vast amounts of information I have received and on other forums. Dan Neubecher who posts here as NeoDan has sub designs called easy buttons, Try searching for that and you will find a number of excellent threads, including people who have taken his idea and modified it to suit their needs.

As an aside I have six windows open to various websites on speaker/subwoofer building and there are some very modest (award winning) designers who produce some remarkable work here. Right Dan?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Warrant, I been reading them for a while, picking a particular design to try is the problem, sometimes, there is to much to choose from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts