AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone buy this yet? I didn't see any discussion on here. Got some decent online reviews, though the ones I saw said the balance board feature is unplayable. I was really looking forward to that particular feature, but I did really enjoy Banana Blitz (still haven't unlocked world 10 though).

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I was wondering how good it would be, but haven't bought it.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
They should give me a free game if I buy bananas.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'm gonna wait for the price to drop below $30. Shouldn't be too long - I can't believe it's full price and only has 70 levels. Banana Blitz had 100 levels. Love that game, though the world 9 and 10 levels are crazy.

·
Registered
948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtiebird /forum/post/18190398

I think I'm gonna wait for the price to drop below $30. Shouldn't be too long - I can't believe it's full price and only has 70 levels. Banana Blitz had 100 levels. Love that game, though the world 9 and 10 levels are crazy.

I didn't see any reason to finish S&R, but the low levels can be pretty challenging with the balance board... If they get as tought as some of the later ones in BB I'm betting I'd have to switch to wiimote. But that's a good reason to wait- the game's just too similar to Blitz if you don't have the board.

Have you played Marble Saga? Quite fun, very similar. It's the best balance board game I've played- save maybe Shaun White Road Trip. Not something to mix with drinking unless you like to fall

-vdz

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Even if it's similar, does it not have better controls? I mean mainly in the minigames... Those were mostly unplayable in BB so I would assume they improved the motion controls, at least.

·
Registered
948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/18191249

Even if it's similar, does it not have better controls? I mean mainly in the minigames... Those were mostly unplayable in BB so I would assume they improved the motion controls, at least.

Couldn't say, I didn't try them. But seeing how they were hit and miss in BB, I'd assume they're probably the same here - like the rest of the game.

-vdz

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozen /forum/post/18190682

I didn't see any reason to finish S&R, but the low levels can be pretty challenging with the balance board... If they get as tought as some of the later ones in BB I'm betting I'd have to switch to wiimote. But that's a good reason to wait- the game's just too similar to Blitz if you don't have the board.

Have you played Marble Saga? Quite fun, very similar. It's the best balance board game I've played- save maybe Shaun White Road Trip. Not something to mix with drinking unless you like to fall

-vdz

Yes, actually I own Marble Saga, pretty good game. I actually bought the prior Kororinpa marble game too.

One of my favorite "marble" like games other than Monkey Ball, is Mercury Meltdown Revolution. It's different in that your ball is a blob of mercury, and you can split it and actually lose parts of it off the edge of the level. Pretty fun game, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.