AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been reading the forums for the past few days, trying to figure out the direction I should take on my basement. I am not attempting to make a dedicated theater, but more like a rec room. There will be a guest room and a pool table, with wet bar, some seating, and an area to watch television. I do not want to drag a bigscreen TV downstairs if I can avoid it, so I began to think about a projector. I borrowed our old Proxima from work and it put up a pretty good picture on the wall. So, below are the requirements of the room, am wondering what would be the best route to take:

Will be a multipurpose room, some lights on (guys playing pool, watching the football game type stuff) other times lights will be off, just watching movies/TV. I can put in directional lighting to keep as much lighting away as possible from the wall and tv area.

It will need to be able to display Direct TV or cable, play DVD's and every once in a while a VHS tape.

So far, those are the only things I can think of, if there is anything I am missing, please let me know.

Hopefully, since there is so much to learn about this stuff, someone can help to point me in the right direction on what I need, or if its even possible do use a projector for this...

Thanks!!!

Clint

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.